Bat your eyelashes once we help you make them great with eyelash enhancement! Lovely eyelashes beautify and keep your eyes healthiest when thick and long. Eyelashes filter dust, block particles, and shield eyes from bright sunlight. There is an optimal eyelash length to prevent moisture evaporation.
Some individuals have sparse, thin, or short eyelashes. Causes of thin eyelashes include genetics, aging, medical conditions, and environmental factors. A wide range of treatments available from natural remedies to cosmetic products to medical treatments.
Natural Remedies for Eyelash Growth
Kitchen or bathroom solutions for your eyelashes are right at your fingertips. Some of the most common natural ingredients that can help your eyelashes grow just a bit longer and slightly stronger are:
- Castor oil: Castor oil is rich in fatty acids, antioxidants, and vitamin E for nourishment and moisturization of your eyelashes. It can also stimulate blood circulation and follicle growth. To use castor oil for your eyelashes, apply a few drops of it on a cotton swab or a clean mascara wand and gently brush it on your eyelashes before going to bed. Leave it overnight and wash it off in the morning. Repeat this process every night for a few weeks to see the results.
- Coconut oil: Coconut oil is another excellent source of nutrients and hydration for your eyelashes. It can also prevent infections and inflammation that can damage your eyelashes. To use coconut oil for your eyelashes it has to be liquid. Warm up a small amount of it in a microwave or a double boiler until it becomes liquid. Let cool slightly. Then dip a cotton swab or a clean mascara wand in it and apply it on your eyelashes from the roots to the tips. Leave it overnight and rinse it off in the morning. Do this every night for a few weeks to see the results.
- Aloe vera: Aloe vera is a plant that has soothing and healing properties for your skin and hair. It can also moisturize and condition your eyelashes, making them softer and shinier. To use aloe vera for your eyelashes, cut a fresh aloe vera leaf and squeeze out the gel from it. Then apply the gel on your eyelashes with a cotton swab or a clean mascara wand. Leave it for 15 minutes and wash it off with warm water. Do this once or twice a day for a few weeks to see the results.
Cosmetic Products for Eyelash Enhancement
Another way to improve your eyelashes is to use cosmetic products that are designed to enhance their length, volume, curl, or color. Some of the most popular cosmetic products for eyelash enhancement are:
- Mascara: Mascara is a makeup product that coats your eyelashes with pigments, waxes, oils, or polymers to make them appear longer, thicker, darker, or more curled. There are many types of mascara available in the market, such as waterproof, volumizing, lengthening, curling, or fiber mascaras. To use mascara for your eyelashes, curl your lashes with an eyelash curler first if you want more lift. Then apply one or two coats of mascara on your upper and lower lashes from the base to the tip. Wiggle the wand slightly as you move it upward to avoid clumps and flakes. You can also use an eyelash comb to separate your lashes after applying mascara. But the fix is unfortunately temporary.
- Eyelash extensions: Eyelash extensions are synthetic or natural fibers that are glued to your natural lashes by a professional technician to add length, thickness, or fullness to your lashes. Eyelash extensions can last for several weeks depending on how well you take care of them and how fast your natural lashes grow out. They come in a wide variety of styles, lengths, curl, and color of extensions that suit your preference. The technician will then apply the extensions one by one on your natural lashes using a special adhesive. The process can take from one to three hours depending on how many extensions you want. You will also need to brush your extensions gently with a spoolie brush every day and refill them every two to four weeks as they fall out naturally.
- Eyelash serum: Eyelash serum is a product that contains ingredients that claim to stimulate eyelash growth or prevent eyelash loss. Some of the most common ingredients in eyelash serums are peptides, biotin, panthenol, hyaluronic acid, or plant extracts. Eyelash serums are usually applied on the lash line or the lashes with a brush or a dropper once or twice a day. Eyelash serums can take from four to eight weeks to show noticeable results. However, some eyelash serums may not be effective or safe for everyone, and some may cause side effects such as irritation, redness, itching, swelling, or changes in eye color. Therefore, it is important to consult your doctor before using any eyelash serum and follow the instructions carefully.
Best Eyelash Medical solutions
We advise these top three topical products to do for eyelash, eye brow and hair growth and restoration. These are backed by scientific advice, before and after picture tracking, and personal experiences.
- Latisse: Bimatoprost ophthalmic solution 0·03% is FDA approved for eye lash growth and enhancement. Bimatoprost, a prostaglandin analog, was originally used to treat glaucoma and ocular hypertension. Latisse was approved by the FDA in 2008 to treat hypotrichosis of the eyelashes, a condition that causes inadequate or not enough eyelashes. Latisse works by medically extending the growth phase and increasing the number of hairs in each eyelash follicle. To use Latisse for your eyelashes, apply one drop of it on a sterile applicator and carefully draw it along the upper lash line of each eye once a day at night. Do not apply it on the lower lash line or in the eye. Blot excess solution with a tissue and discard the applicator after each use. Prevent infection by using a new applicator for each eye and each application. Latisse can take from two to four months to show noticeable results. You need to keep using Latisse to maintain the results, otherwise your eyelashes will return to their previous appearance. Latisse may cause side effects such as itching, redness, dryness, irritation, darkening of the eyelid skin, or darkening of the iris color. Therefore, it is important to consult your doctor before using Latisse and follow the instructions carefully. Brown lashes may darken, and results may be less for those who are blonde.
- Upneeq: Eyelashes look the best when the eye lids are smooth and lifted. Upneeq is the prescription medication oxymetazoline hydrochloride. Upneeq is an alpha adrenergic agonist originally used to relieve nasal congestion and eye redness. Upneeq was approved by the FDA in 2020 to treat acquired blepharoptosis, a condition that causes a droopy eyelid over one or both eyes. Upneeq works by stimulating the Muller’s muscle, an involuntary eyelid muscle that lifts the upper eyelid. To use Upneeq for your eyelashes, insert one drop of it in each eye once a day in the morning. Do not use more than one drop per eye per day, but you can dot directly on the lid. Upneeq can show noticeable results in as little as 15 minutes and full effect in two hours after the first use. The effect lasts for 8 hours. You need to keep using Upneeq to maintain the results, otherwise your eyelids will return to their previous position. Upneeq may cause side effects such as burning, stinging, blurred vision, watery eyes, headache, dizziness, or nervousness. Therefore, it is important to consult your doctor before using Upneeq and follow the instructions carefully.
- Neurotoxins like Botox: Elevating the upper lid will make your natural eye-lash line look better. Advanced therapies for smoothing the lids is available as well. See other posts for more information on Botox.
Bat your eyelashes you have just learned to make them great. Eyelashes are an important part of your eye health and beauty. If you want to improve your eyelashes and make them longer, fuller, and more beautiful, you have many options to choose from depending on your needs and preferences. In addition, natural remedies such as castor oil, coconut oil, or aloe vera to nourish and moisturize your eyelashes; cosmetic products such as mascara, eyelash extensions, or eyelash serum to enhance their length, volume, curl, or color; or medical treatments such as Latisse or Upneeq to treat specific eyelash-related conditions such as hypotrichosis or blepharoptosis.
Before using any product or treatment for your eyelashes, make sure to do your research and consult your doctor first to ensure its safety and effectiveness for you. Also remember to take good care of your eyes and eyelashes by keeping them clean and hydrated; avoiding rubbing or pulling them; removing makeup gently; eating a balanced diet; and getting enough sleep.
For which products to use, which is newly approved, please come for neurotoxin, product selection, or consultation at Hada Cosmetic Medicine 217-693-4400. For consultation regarding hormone or nutritional management, call Women’s Health Practice, 217-356-3736. We have remedies for dark circles and undereye puffiness and eye creams for skin health as well.